Sorry, very cheesy of me, but I have strong feelings for Autumn. Love it dearly!
Of course, because of it being Autumn we also get a lot of rain, but when the rain clears and the blue sky is showing its proud color…..ahhhh, perfect!
Some things I love about Autumn:
- The air is so clear, fresh, and clean. It makes me want to do Sun Salutations in-front of a window so I can inhale the goodness of it all
- Perfect temperature! I can wear a t-shirt in the day time and don’t have to worry about sweaty underarms, running make-up or an oily forehead.
- Perfect temperature! I have a thing for long sleeves shirts, thin jackets and wraps. I love having to put on another layer in the evening.
- Perfect temperature for running! I’m finally able to run longer and harder with hardly any effort. During the Summer I felt so out of shape. Come Autumn and I feel like I’m a half decent runner. Delusional, yes, but who cares!
- Hearing the crunch under my feet as I run over the fallen brown leaves.
- Did I mention perfect temperature? FINALLY no need for air-conditioner.
- Hot coffee never tasted so good.
- Apples are slowly getting into season (best in the middle of winter). They taste SO much better now then in Summer. Crisp, juicy and the flavor is far more robust!
- My second favorite fruit (apples are my fav) – American pears are finally being sold in stores!
- みかん or tangerines are in season – YUM.
- Although I don’t eat どんぐり (chestnut is it?) they are all over in parks. Good memories come to mind of collecting them as a child. I don’t remember what I did with them afterward, but the collecting part was sure fun!
- Autumn fashion – black stockings and ankle boots. Seems to be the same as last year and I’m perfectly happy with that.
- Outdoor dining/drinking is something we seek out now. Luckily, we have a Starbucks near by with outdoor seating.
- People seem to be in better moods, no doubt because of Autumn.
Damn, it, I wanted to post photos of Motozo enjoying his coffee outside. Oh, well….until I figure it out this post will have to go without photos. (Ok, apparently Mozilla is having trouble but Internet Explorer is alright for posting photos. I like Mozilla better! Why is it not allowing me to upload photos from there)
Anyway, time to get my run in anyway. Have a lovely Autumn day everyone! And oh, its Friday, YAY!