I’m going to try to start updating on my pregnancy on a weekly basis. I’ll update at the end of every week so I can post the notes I took for that week. Tomorrow I’m 30 weeks pregnant! Only 10 more weeks to go!
Looking back on last week(29th) I can say the first half was terrific! I had awesome energy and felt great. Near the end of the week I started feeling not too hot. I suppose it really has to do with my moods. Somedays I handle whatever is going on in my body really well and other days I find the physical aspect of being pregnant really frustrating.
- 3 strong runs in a row. Lots of energy when running, despite stomach and pelvic discomfort. Pelvis/crouch feels heavy after a run. Tried to research on the internet the symptoms, but couldn’t find much info.
- Felt pretty badass running through Prospect Park. There was a half marathon going on and I passed many runners. Of course, I shouldn’t compare with them being that they were finishing up their half marathon and I just got started on my measly 10k ha. Still feels good to pass people though.
- Both Melanie and Dan said my stomach grew noticeably this week and especially since coming to NY. Thats to be expected being that I’ve been here for almost 5 weeks. Physically I notice the difference. Stomach sticking out more and pants not sitting very well around the waist any more. Stomach getting more in the way when sitting down.
- A random person said “congratulations” to me while I was just walking down the street. And another person gestured with his hands to ask if I was pregnant while running. Its kind of nice that people are noticing that I’m pregnant now. I was concerned people just thought I was getting a little chubby or something since the belly wasn’t all that noticeable.
- I’m trying to minimize my carb consumption in the evening to hopefully slow my weight gain down. Quite anxious about seeing my doctor in a couple of days and having to step on that scale. I wish weight wasn’t such a big issue for me, but unfortunately it is.
- I have a feeling that the baby is laying horizontally across my belly with his head on the left side.
- I’m feeling very warm all the time, especially at night! I hope it’s not too hot back in Tokyo.
- End of 29 weeks running started getting hard again. Chaffing between thighs, ugh! Feeling frustrated about being pregnant!
Some things I will miss are eating lots of greens without any worries about the safety of the food. When I go back I’m still not quite sure how strict I will be with eating leafy greens and drinking tap water. I’ll probably continue drinking bottled water, but I’m really hoping I can find an easy way to buy produce without being ultra paranoid.
MMM, sautéed kale! I will miss kale!
But most of all I will miss Herb and Fumiko and their lovely patio!